- New user creates article in good faith.
- Two minutes later, editor tags it for speedy deletion; article “does not indicate the importance or significance of the subject” (even though it does make a basic claim of notability).
- New user responds on talk page, explaining in more detail why the subject is significant by noting newspaper and magazine coverage.
- Administrator deletes article without either checking talk page or verifying speedy deletion rationale: “No indication that the article may meet guidelines for inclusion”.
- Newspaper publishes yet another piece of journalism that makes Wikipedia seem like a petty and unfriendly place and shows how overzealous deletion makes Wikipedia worse.